To eat or not to eat MEATthat is the question.
And heres the answer: We should eat what the human body was designed or evolved to eat. Whats the easiest way to tell? Look at other animals.
Lets take a look at the characteristics of MEAT-eaters versus herbivore animals.
1. Have forward-facing eyes for hunting.
2. Have sharp teeth for tearing into meat.
3. Have relatively small stomachs because meat is easy to digest.
1. Have sideways-facing eyes to watch out for predators.
2. Have almost exclusively blunt molar-like teeth for chewing tough vegetation.
3. Have large stomachs to get the nutrients out of grass.
So do you have eyes on the sides of your head or the front? Sharp teeth up front or a mouth full of molars? A stomach the size of a beach ball or a softball?
Face it: We were meant to eat meat. Now if youre a vegetarian for personal reasons, thats fine. Just dont to spreading the gospel that youre healthier as a result.
There are studies out there showing vegetarians are healthier than the average person. However thats not much of a feat. The average person lives on pastries and candy. Restricting yourself from meat just shows you have a little self-discipline which is enough to put you over the top.
Take someone with the same self-discipline and allow them to eat meat, and youve got a whole other result.
Key is to make sure its healthy meat thats not loaded with preservatives. I eat burgers at Whole Foods which has ruined me for most other meat served at restaurants. The healthiest stuff really does taste better.