Stomach disorder is the most common type of disorder in the world. Stomach disorders are also called as the gastric disorders. Stomach is the most important part of the body that digests the food we eat. If the stomach is disturbed, we feel like hell. All the things in world we do, the money we earn, and money we spend is for our stomach to fill. Thus, if can not keep our stomach healthy then it is the most bad thing we have faced. When a person suffers with a problem of stomach, it is called as the stomach disorder. But, it is true that once or twice or more than that in a year we suffer with the stomach disorders. Indigestion and heartburn are the most commonly occurring stomach disorders.
Here, are some commonly occurring stomach disorders:
1. Heartburn: It is the most frequently occurring stomach disorder. Around 90 million individuals all over the world suffer with heartburn. As the name suggests, it is the burning sensation in the lower part of heart and upper part of the stomach. Heartburn is caused by stomach acid that washed up into the esophagus. Heartburn sometimes even moves up to the chest, throat, and even up to jaws. Heartburn is found to be felt more when you are lying down or bending forward.
2. Indigestion: Every man in this world suffers from indigestion. I think indigestion has become the individuals most known and occurring disease in the world. Indigestion is commonly called as stomach upset or dyspepsia. Indigestion is caused by the heartburn, ulcers, food intolerance, bloating and flatulence, or by eating excessive amount of food. Nausea, loss of appetite, and vomiting are commonly occurring symptoms of indigestion.
3. Diarrhea: The watery stools occurring more than thrice in a day is called as diarrhea. It is very common problem that lasts for day or two. The causes of diarrhea are food poisoning, excessive intake of food, over consumption of alcohol, emotional stress and tensions, and in rare instances by the intake of antibiotics. Symptoms of diarrhea are abdominal cramps, abdominal pains, and frequent passing of loose, watery feces. Please note that if you notice blood or pus in the feces contact the doctor immediately.
4. Ulcers: Stomach ulcers are caused by the destruction of the gastric or intestinal mucosal lining of the stomach by hydrochloric acid, an acid normally present in the digestive juices of the stomach. There are basically 2 two types of ulcers---duodenal ulcer and gastric ulcer. Duodenal ulcer affects the upper part of the stomach that is small intestine and gastric ulcer affects the main and lowermost part of the stomach i.e. large intestine. The main symptom of an ulcer is a burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach area. Heartburn, hunger, and indigestion are other symptoms of ulcer.
5. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): It is commonly called referred as the acid reflux disease. In GERD, the liquid content of the stomach regurgitates (backs up or refluxes) into the esophagus. GERD is a chronic condition. Once it begins, it usually is life-long. GERD is a result of transient or permanent changes in the barrier between the esophagus and the stomach. Vomiting, nausea, wet burps or wet hiccups, failure to gain weight, and choking or wheezing are the symptoms of the GERD. The causes of GERD are hiatal hernias, esophageal contractions, emptying of the stomach, and lower esophageal sphincter.
6. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome: This disorder is caused when the level of the hormone gastrin is increased that results into the production of more hydrochloric acid. This disorder leads to the formation of tumors in the pancreas and duodenum and ulcers in the stomach and duodenum. These tumors secrete large amounts of a hormone that causes excessive production of acid by your stomach. The excess acid, in turn, leads to peptic ulcers.