Essential Oils are extracted from plants, trees, seeds, flowers, petals, stems, roots, bark, or even the whole plant. Today, about 200 different types of oils are being distilled with several thousand chemical constituents and aromatic molecules that have been identified and registered. These aromatic Substances and compounds within the oils will alter and change based on weather conditions, climate, temperatures, and distillation factors. Today, 98 percent of essential oils are used in the perfume and cosmetic industry.
All organic essential oils help to balance emotions to some degree and are known for their stimulating and uplifting and relaxing properties. On the intellectual level, they can revive a tired mind and stimulate memory. Besides, all essential oils appear to be antiseptic and anti-bacterial which helps in the treatment of viral infections. All pure essential oils have the ability to reduce stress, stimulate sluggish circulation and boost the immune system.
Essential oils can be applied in various forms to produce the necessary results. To apply these oils to the skin, topically, one only needs to take a few drops of them and put them in sensitive areas that can best benefit from their bio-electrical frequencies. The toes and the nape of the neck are two such places good for the use of many oils. The amount to apply can be variable, but usually between one and three or four drops is best.
How do Essential Oils work?
Essential Oil can benefit many systems of the body and affect each one differently. They work on an emotional level, on a physiological level, and an energetic level. It is all interconnected. Aromatherapy essential oils affect the mind, body and spirit, and offer a holistic approach to supporting and sustaining the body.
Essential oils enter the body in two ways. They can be:
- Applied to the skin
- Applied to the skin
Essential oils are composed of tiny molecules which are easily dissolved in alcohol, emulsifiers and fats. This allows them to penetrate the skin easily and work into the body by mixing with the fatty tissue.
Another way that essential oils enter the body is by inhalation either through the nose or mouth. Common examples include inhaling eucalyptus essential oil when you have a cough or inhaling peppermint essential oil to reduce fatigue or nausea. Thus in an aromatherapy treatment the essential oils are able to enhance both your physical and psychological well-being at the same time.
Benefits of Essential Oils
Essential Oil are becoming more popular all the time with the new age of alternative health care. From earliest nation aromatic plans have been used for their healing, cosmetic and fragrance effects. Today we are enjoying a renaissance in their use realizing both their gentleness and effectiveness.
- Essential oils help manage stress and promote relaxation.
- Essential oils are highly active against bacteria, fungi and viruses with better skin penetration powers than conventional antibiotics. They can therefore be of excellent benefit against a wide variety of skin infections.
- Essential oils balance sebum production and are therefore excellent for treating all skin types, dry, oily, combination and normal.
- Essential oils are antiseptic. Essential oils have been shown to destroy all tested bacteria and virus while simultaneously restoring balance to the body.
- By helping improve assimilation of nutrients at the cellular level and providing much needed oxygen, essential oils may help stimulate the immune system.
- Essential oils contain building blocks to good health, including minerals and amino acids.
- Essential oils have the ability to digest toxic chemicals in the body.
- Essential oils stimulate enzymatic activity, supporting digestive health.
- Essential oils are powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants create an unfriendly environment for free radicals, thus helping to prevent mutations. As free radical scavengers, they also may help prevent fungus growth and oxidation in the cells.
- Essential oils are shown to detoxify cells and blood in the body.
- Essential oils are aromatic. When diffused, they provide air purification by:- Removing metallic particles and toxins from the air;
- Increasing atmospheric oxygen;
- Increasing ozone and negative ions in the area, which inhibits bacterial growth;
- Destroying odors from mold, cigarettes, and animals.
- Filling the air with a fresh, aromatic scent.
- Essential oils promote overall health, vitality, and longevity.